- We do background investigations on all people who apply for applying with the Minneapolis Police Department and some positions in other city departments.
- We do the investigations to meet security rules and provide quality employees.
- We meet FBI and the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Advisory Policy Board rules, policies, and procedures. Using Criminal Justice Information Systems requires meeting the security guidelines.
- We do investigations that meet Minnesota Data Practice laws.
- We are responsible for the safe, secure storage of the completed investigations of all individuals.
Minneapolis Police Department Background Investigation Unit
City Hall Room 100
350 South 5 th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last updated Apr 10, 2019