- The Minneapolis Mounted Police Unit began in 1996 with four riders and three police horses.
- Today the unit has 12 horses and 23 police officers who are certified riders.
- Private citizens donate many horses.
- Contact our Mounted Police Foundation
Related links for more information:
How we help Minneapolis:
- Crowd Control
- Crime Control
- Search & Rescue
- Community Policing
- Neighborhood/street patrol
- Crowd control after bar closings
- Special events
- Sporting events
- Planned and unplanned civil disturbances
- Various community picnics
- National Night Out
- Special park and neighborhood events
- Outbreaks of civil unrest
19 North 4 th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Sgt. Steve Bantle: 612-673-3818.
Email us at [email protected].
Last updated Apr 17, 2019