Community Engagement Team
- We work to build ties with the ethnic communities in Minneapolis. We work to build trust and strong relationships with members of these communities.
- We teach the community and our department staff about terrorism and police/community concerns.
- We answer questions about Homeland Security issues from both officers and community members.
- We help with more complex cases such as those in which there is a language barrier.
- Community members can contact CET officers to offer information that they aren't comfortable telling regular officers or investigators.
Community Engagement Team Services
- Citizen academies
- Youth academies
- Attend public meetings
- Community lectures
- Community focus group
- Training programs (Violent Extremism)
- Recruit youth to take part in the Police Activities League
- Recruit youth to take part in the Police Explorers Program
- Develop and implement mentorship opportunities for youth
- Assist recruitment officers with diversity recruiting
- Oversee the "See Something, Say Something" program
Sgt. Jose Gomez
African American Community
Ofc. Troy Dillard
Native American Community
Ofc. Colleen Saunby
Latino Community Officer
Ofc. Carlos Baires Escobar
Ofc. Kou Vang
MPHA & Mental Health Community
Ofc. Czaw Vah
East African Community
Ofc. Jon Edwards
Bike Cops for Kids
Ofc. Michael Kirchen
Ofc. David O'Conner
Ofc. Jason Anderson
Last updated Mar 19, 2019