- Be sure the campfires are permitted in your area.
- Keep fires 25' away from structures or anything that can burn.
- Do not burn on windy, dry days.
- Never let children play near the fire.
- Attend to the campfire at all times.
- Keep campfire small & easy to control.
- Never use gasoline or combustible liquids on a campfire.
- Always have a hose, bucket of water or sand and a shovel nearby.
- Make sure fire is completely out before leaving the site.
Did you Know...
About every three hours, a person or vehicle is hit by a train in the U.S.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Railroad Administration have launched a new railroad crossing safety ad campaign. Its message is simple: Stop. Trains can’t.
- Slow down, look both ways and listen
- Do not enter the crossing unless you are sure you can make it completely across
- Never race a train
- Never stop on tracks
To learn more about how you can improve rail safety as a motorist or pedestrian visit FRA’s interactive graphic.
For more information about “Stop. Trains Can’t.” visit the campaign webpage.
News and Events
MFD Deploys SafetyNet System
Safety Net enables MFD to quickly find and rescue individuals with autism, Alzheimer's, dementia and other similar cognitive conditions who have wandered and become lost. Once enrolled in the service your loved one wears a Safety Net Tracking Bracelet. Each Bracelet emits a signal on a channel used by MFD for tracking people at risk. Safety Net Tracking™ Service is currently available in 18 states located across the country and it has assisted public safety with many successful rescues since its inception.
Fire Station 16
View Larger Map
Fire Station 16
1600 Glenwood Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55405
In an emergency Call 911 – Do not call the fire station directly.
Other Contact Information
Minneapolis Fire Department
City Hall, 350 S 5th St., Room 233
Minneapolis, MN 55415
General Information: (612) 673-2890
Fire Department Fax: (612) 673-2828
Fire Department TTY: (612) 673-2157
Station R opened in 1890 located at 429 James Avenue North with Engine 16. On January 12, 1891 the department was reorganized and Station R became Station 16. The Station closed in 1959 and Reopened at its present location at 1600 Glenwood Avenue North.
Last updated Jul 28, 2015