City of Minneapolis Ordinance 47.190 requires that buildings that contain at least 50,000 gross square feet that is NOT classified as residential or industrial use report their energy use. If your building has partial industrial or residential use, that portion of your floor area can be subtracted from your total.
Initial compliance dates vary based on size:
· Buildings at or over 100,000 square feet must comply by June 1, 2014, and every June 1 thereafter.
· Buildings at or over 50,000 square feet must comply by June 1, 2015, and every June 1 thereafter.
For assistance and resources to help comply with the ordinance, visit the Center for Energy and Environment's Building Energy Benchmarking Ordinance site. If you have questions about whether this applies to your building, contact Environmental Services at 612-673-3867 or via email.
Portfolio Manager How-To
You will need to collect the following information before starting your session:
· Property name and address
· Your 2013 bills for electricity, gas, steam, chilled water, and municipal water (total usage, billing beginning and end dates)
· Building gross square footage
· Building type(s)
· Certain building attributes, depending on building type. These may include:
o Weekly operating hours
o number of computers
o number of workers
o percent of building that is heated or cooled
Last updated Mar 27, 2014