Minneapolis Statistics and Reports
Crime Mapping and Data Dashboards
Shots Fired Maps
See the location of gun violence and where the sound of gun fire has been reported or detected by the ShotSpotter system. These maps are plotted on a city-wide map on a weekly basis.
See location where crimes are reported. Various crimes, including property crimes, drug offenses, and violent crimes, are plotted on a Precinct Map on a weekly basis.
Neighborhood Crime Statistics
Monthly crime statistics are available in PDF and Excel spreadsheet format for the 87 neighborhoods of Minneapolis. These statistics use the same crime categories as the Uniform Crime Report Part I offenses, but are counted differently.
Uniform Crime Reports
Since 1930, the FBI has collected and published statistics on crime. These are the official reports that Minneapolis delivers to the FBI. They include statistics for each Police Precinct as well as the entire City.
- Find your Police Precinct
- Learn more about Police Precincts
- View Minneapolis neighborhood maps and resources
- MPD Crime Data, Initial Assessment: March 11, 2015 (pdf)
- Report: OJP Diagnostic Analysis of Minneapolis Police Department, January 2015 (pdf)
Last updated Jan 4, 2018