- Call 911. Be sure to give party address and state that the nature of your complaint is a "noisy party."
- It helps to be willing to give your name, address and phone number as complainant.
- The Noisy Assembly Ordinance (Minneapolis City Ordinance 389.65 Sub 1 (c) & 2 (c) is enforced 24 hours a day.
If the problem continues
- Get a group of neighbors together to plan a strategy to solve the problem. Strategies may include:
- All agree to call 911 if a noisy party starts.
- All call the property owner(s) when a party disturbs neighbors.
- Invite tenants/owner to a meeting or mediation session.
- Contact Housing & Fire Inspections if there are also problems with the upkeep of the property and grounds.
- Contact your Crime Prevention Specialists.
- Violation of the Noisy Assembly Ordinance can lead to fines of up to $1000 and/or 90 days in jail.
- Violation of the Rental Licensing Ordinance (Minneapolis City Ordinance 244.1800 through 244.2020) can lead to revocation of rental license and inability to rent unit.
Last updated Apr 9, 2019