What to do when you are the victim of a domestic assault or related crime
- If you can't call right away, protect yourself as best you can and call 911 as soon as possible.
- Tell the responding police officers as much as you can. If the offender is still there, tell the officers where that person is.
- If a weapon was used, tell the officers where it is (if you know it) and how it was used against you.
- Tell the officers of any witnesses to the incident including children.
- Tell the officers of any past incidents that may have occurred.
- Minneapolis police officers can offer you temporary shelter direct you to many services provided within the community.
Violation of Order For Protection/Restraining Order
- Call 911 when the offender violates your order for protection.
- Contact the city attorney's office to pursue criminal charges.
Contact the Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Service Center.
Hennepin County Government Center
300 S.6th St. # A-level 022
Last updated Apr 9, 2019