Minneapolis Police announce “Police Week” plans
The Minneapolis Police Department is ready to open its doors for its annual Police Week gatherings. Police Week gives members of the public a chance to visit their precincts for a better look at the resources the MPD uses to protect and serve their communities. It also gives citizens an opportunity to speak directly with officers who can learn more about the issues and achievements of individual neighborhoods.
The general public, city employees and members of the media are encouraged to join us as we gather to celebrate successes and tackle concerns with the citizens of Minneapolis. The following are the dates, times and locations for Police Week:
- Monday, May 12th at the 1st Precinct located at 19 North 4th Street. Open house from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, May 12th at the 2nd Precinct located at 1911 Central Avenue Northeast. Open house runs from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 13th at the 5th Precinct located at 3101 Nicollet Avenue South. Open house from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 15th with the 4th Precinct. This open house will be at MPDs Special Operations Center located at 4119 Dupont Avenue North. Open house runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, May 16th at the 3rd Precinct located at 3000 Minnehaha Avenue South. Open house from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Published May 9, 2014