Training & Resources
How NCR can support you
Forms and Policies
- Community Participation Program Guidelines - (2017-2019)
- Payment Request Form (xls)
- Policy for Expenditure of NRP Funds (approved 11/20/15)
- Preparation and Processing of Neighborhood Priority Plans and Changing Approved Neighborhood Action Plans Policy (also known as the "Plan Modification Policy") as revised 7/19/13
Guides and Frequently Asked Questions
- ADA Resources for Neighborhood Organizations - Review a check list to help ensure that people with disabilities have fair and equal access to information, meetings, and services.
- ADA Tips for Public Meetings - Consider these items well in advance when planning for community meetings.
- Encouraging Committee Participation - Good community and committee participation enhances the legitimacy and autonomy of neighborhood organizations to the City, to residents, to funders, and to other stakeholders in the community.
- Festivals and Community Building Events - Intended for neighborhood organizations, this guide helps to identify when expenses are (and aren't) eligible for reimbursement through CPP and NRP contracts.
- Fundraising in the Neighborhood - Fundraising is about developing capital for your organization's work. Learn about general principles of fundraising, barriers that keep groups from fundraising, making a fundraising plan, and different examples of neighborhood fundraising.
- Guide for Neighborhood Bylaws (2014)
- Neighborhood Organizations and Elections - Frequently Asked Questions about providing a forum for a candidate to speak, neighborhood organization work on ballot initiatives, and participation in voter registration and get out the vote activities.
- Crime and Safety Guide - This guide shares examples of crime and safety strategies neighborhoods and community organizations have used to solve crime and livability issues in their communities. It was developed in Spring 2017 by the Crime and Safety Task Force of the Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission.
- Community Connections Conference - Annual conference that brings together the community, neighborhoods, cultural organizations and City departments to network, learn and tackle important issues facing Minneapolis.
- Learning labs - The Community Connections Learning Lab Series is a set of eight labs covering best practices for community engagement, including reaching immigrant and refugee communities and other underrepresented groups.
- Past Learning Labs - Learning Labs are offered at the annual NCR Community Connections Conference and throughout the year. They can also be requested and customized. Participants are City staff, neighborhood staff, board members and volunteers. Labs explore best practices on a variety of topics with the goal of enhancing community work and civic participatory life.
Last updated Mar 4, 2019