Community Participation Program
On August 2, 2013, the Minneapolis City Council approved the three-year allocations for the Community Participation Program for the years 2014 to 2016. Community Participation Program Funds can be used to support your neighborhood organization’s community engagement activities and related administrative expenses, as well as to funding work on priorities identified in a Neighborhood Priority Plan. Organizations that represent more than one neighborhood may apply for funding for all of the neighborhoods it represents.
1. Community Participation Program Guidelines
2. 2014-2016 Allocation Schedule
3. 2014-2016 CPP Submission Template
4. 2013 Annual Report Guide (doc.) and 2014 Annual Report Guide (doc.)
5. Payment Request Form (.xls)
We will accept and review submissions for the 2014-2016 funding cycle starting Monday, August 26, 2013. Neighborhood organization submissions should be submitted by Friday, November 15, 2013 to have contracts completed before January 2014.Your proposal should include:
• Your organization’s name and contact information;
• A narrative submission (see page 6, Section IV of the Guidelines);
• A budget (see Appendix D of the Guidelines). If you need help preparing a budget, please call NCR staff at (612) 673-3737;
• An organization wide budget for 2014.
• A copy of your current bylaws, if revised since your last submission;
• Date of board approval of proposal.
Please submit an editable electronic version of your Community Participation Plan to NCR by email to email@example.com (electronic is preferred), or a hard copy by mail to:
Neighborhood and Community Relations
Crown Roller Mill, Suite 425
105 5th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Proposals will be reviewed by NCR staff and a site visit may be scheduled as necessary or on request of the neighborhood organization. When preparing your submission for funding, please be aware of some of the following:
• Your submission will be for a three-year allocation.
• Plan on budgeting no more than 1/3 of your allocation in any one year. Unused funds in any year will rollover to the next year.
• We will prepare and renew contracts on an annual basis. Each neighborhood will have a single Community Participation Program contract for the three-year allocation.
• You may set aside some of your CPP allocation for neighborhood priorities identified in a neighborhood priority plan. We will reserve these funds for projects related to your neighborhood priority plan, rather than adding them immediately to your Community Participation Program contract.
• Make sure your annual reports for 2011 and 2012 are turned in to NCR. See excellent write-ups of some of the amazing work done by neighborhood leaders like you across the city at:http://www.minneapolismn.gov/ncr/programs/cpp/WCMS1P-113007.
• NCR’s Access and Outreach staff can help you with ideas for reaching under-engaged communities. We encourage you to meet with them prior to preparing your funding submission.
Please call your Neighborhood Support Specialist at NCR with any questions.
The City of Minneapolis invites and encourages participation by every resident to each program, service and event within our city. Should you require an accommodation in order for you to fully participate, or should you require this document in a different format, please let us know by contacting 612-673-3737.
Last updated Aug 18, 2016