Benefits at the City of Minneapolis
Contact HR Through CityLife
CityLife is an employee hub that combines all of the HR services available on the HR Service Center portal together with all of the IT services, products and support. Now it's easier than ever to find what you need and connect with us.
Use the convenient shortcut on your desktop (pictured below) or go directly to CityLife to:
- Contact the City of MInneapolis Human Resources Department by submitting a request
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- Browse the knowledge library for helpful articles
- View your past and present inquiries
- Request software, hardware, computer and phone accessories
- See important IT and HR announcements
To reach Human Resources by phone you can call 612-673-2282 and follow the prompts for assistance.
If you are a Park Board employee, a retiree or a City employee not using a City issued computer, you can still access HR through the external site.
Health and Wellness
The City of Minneapolis has a City-wide wellness program for all employees.
- 2019 Nice Ride Subsidy - The Nice Ride bikes are out and City of Minneapolis employees are eligible for a subsidized membership. This handout has instructions for how to sign up as the code you use to get the subsidy. Please note that the subsidy is a taxable benefit.
- Desk Yogi Subscription - Sign up for state of the art videos topics including yoga, fitness, mindfulness, meditation and stress reduction and more.
- 2019 Wellness Points Program - Get engaged in your health and start earning points for gift cards and a discount on your 2020 health insurance premiums with the employee wellness program through My Health Rewards by Medica.
- 2019 Health and Wellness Classes - See the classes that are available for points in the wellness program. We continue to add classes so if you don't see anything of interest, check back!
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)- You can get fresh, locally grown produce delivered to a City worksite by joining the 2019 workplace community supported agriculture (CSA) program. When you become a member, you purchase a “share” of the season’s vegetables in advance from a local farmer. Your farmer will deliver your share of produce to a convenient drop-off location.
Ongoing Programs and Resources
- Discounted health club memberships - The City has partnerships with several health clubs that make memberships more affordable. See if there is a deal at your club!
- Reimbursement for regular health club attendance - You can receive a $20 reimbursement when you work out 8 times or more at a participating health club. There are many clubs included so search to see if yours is included.
- Medica Optum Health Employee Assistance Program - The City of Minneapolis’ employee benefits package includes access to a confidential service that provides counseling services to help you or your family members deal with financial, legal, work-related, and relationship issues through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Showers, lockers, and bicycle racks - See a list of showers and lockers available at City locations.
- List of lactation rooms - See the available lactaton rooms and how to access them.
- Desk Yogi subscription - The Stride Committee is providing City employees with a free subscription to Desk Yogi—an online wellness offering designed to help you reduce stress, improve flexibility and build strength.
For Your Information
- Meet with the City's Representative on the Deferred Compensation Plan
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Notice of Continuation of Coverage Rights
Last updated Sep 10, 2019