Lead-Safe Kids and Healthy Homes
Leadie Eddie Van
The City of Minneapolis Health Department periodically contracts with Sustainable Resource Center to bring its mobile testing lab to neighborhoods with high risk for childhood lead poisoning.
View the calendar of mobile lead testing for children.
At the July 16th, 2016, lead testing event over 50 kids received free blood tests!
The City of Minneapolis aims to eliminate childhood lead poisoning in Minneapolis through outreach, education and partnership with various housing, health, regulatory and community-based agencies.
Childhood lead poisoning is one of the most common yet preventable health problems in the United States. Lead is highly toxic and can be found in chipping and peeling paint, soil, and unregulated products.
Children usually have no overt symptoms, but the damage is profound—including lower academic achievement and behavioral problems.
Ensuring that all children are tested will promote prevention, education and early intervention, and can reduce lead poisoning.
Learn More About Lead
In the Home
- What happens if my child has lead poisoning?
- Lead in toys - Up-to-date Information
- In-Home Lead Assessments
- Lead Testing/Screening
- Testing for Lead in Soil
- Lead Safe Housing Registry
Health & Safety
- Health Plans and Screening
- Homeowner Resource Guide
- Information for Medical Providers
- Proper Disposal and Management
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Education Materials and Information
- Lead Safe Work Practices Course
Legislation & Funding
- Lead Laws - Tenant Disclosure
- Lead Laws - Construction/Remodeling
- Window Replacement and Lead Renovation grant Funding
- EPA's Pre-Renovation Education Program (PRE) and Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule (RRP)
- Sustainability Report - City's Progress
Lead and asthsma risk in Minneapolis
Help prevent lead poisoning with good nutrition
Avoiding Lead Contamination in Water in Minnesota - MN Department of Health
City of Minneapolis tap water information
Public Works - Minneapolis drinking water
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 13, 2018