A free quart of graffiti removal solvent is available at all Minneapolis fire stations, it is recommended for removing graffiti from unpainted surfaces.
- Remove graffiti as soon as possible.
- The solvent works well on most surfaces.
- When using on porous surfaces, such as brick or stucco, apply the solvent and let it soak in, then agitate with a vinyl or wire brush, and rinse with water. Best results are achieved when using a power washer to rinse solvent.
- Be careful when using the solvent on a painted surface, since it can remove the original paint. Best results on painted surfaces are achieved when removing small amounts of graffiti or graffiti applied with a marker.
- Always apply the removal solvent to a small area to ensure you will receive the desired results before applying the removal solvent to the entire area.
- The City of Minneapolis has the right to abate graffiti without notice to the property owner.
Report the graffiti online or to Minneapolis 311. Homeowners and reporters of graffiti are encouraged to take photographs of the graffiti and include with the report.
Graffiti abatement and weather guidelines:
Graffiti removal is more successful in weather that is relatively dry. Rain and snow can make graffiti removal solvents less effective.
17 degrees or warmer
32 Degrees or warmer due to icing
Any Temperature, surface type dependent
*follow manufacturer instructions
Last updated Apr 30, 2014