Neighborhood Noise Information
Common Noise Restrictions
- Construction/demolition noise is allowed 7am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
An After-Hours Work Permit is required for work anytime on Saturday or Sunday.
Homeowners are not required to obtain an After Hours Work Permit on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All other permit requirements must be met.
- Garbage pickup noise is allowed 6am-10pm within 500 feet of a residential property. Complaints should be submitted to Business Licensing .
- Outdoor amplified sound audible above the level of conversational speech at a distance of 50 feet likely requires a Sound Permit at any time.
- Sound from motor vehicle sound system or audio system clearly audible beyond 50 feet from where it is originating is illegal. Direct complaints on motor vehicles to 911 or the Crime Prevention Specialist in your precinct.
- Power lawnmowers, power trimmers, power saws, leaf blowers, or similar tools are allowed to operate between 7am–10pm.
- Snow blowers/snow plows may be operated:
- At any time during an official snow emergency.
- Any time within twenty-four (24) hours following a snowfall of one (1) inch or greater.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jan 2, 2019