Minneapolis Health Department

Public Service Center
250 S. 4th. Street, Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415
(612) 673-2301

Neighborhood Noise Information

Common Noise Restrictions

What to do for an Immediate Noise Problem.

Call 911 and report the appropriate type of noise problem as described above.

When are Noise Measurements made to determine a violation?

When a property is conducting activity that is not compatible for the neighboring properties, noise measurements are made to determine a violation. This involves an onsite inspection by Environmental Services, and orders for compliance. To report a noise complaint call Minneapolis 311, or complete the online Environmental Management Complaint Form.

Last updated Sep 25, 2015