2020 Housing Tax Credit Request For Proposals
The Minneapolis Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) Department periodically requests proposals for the Housing Tax Credit (HTC) program for qualified residential rental properties located in the City of Minneapolis.
The program offers a reduction in the tax liability to owners and investors in eligible low-income new construction, rehabilitation and/or acquisition of existing rental buildings.
NOTE: Current HOUSING TAX CREDIT PROGRAM COMPLIANCE MANUAL as well as other relevant tax credit compliance information is available at Affordable Housing Connections.
2020 HTC Developer Letter – a copy of the letter that was sent to known tax credit developers announcing this year's request for proposals.
Applications were due Friday June 28, 2019. Interested developers should review the HTC Manual and Qualified Allocation Plan and all additional materials:
- Minnesota Multifamily Rental Housing Common Application
- 2020 HTC Manual (PDF)
- Qualified Allocation Plan (EXHIBIT A) (PDF)
- Opinion of Counsel – Application (Exhibit B) (DOC)
- 2020 Qualified Census Tracts (Exhibit C) (PDF)
- Self Scoring Worksheet - 9% (Exhibit E) (DOC)
- 2020 Cost Containment Thresholds (PDF)
- 2019 Cost Containment Thresholds (PDF)
- Determination of Tax Credit (Minnesota Housing Common Application Form & LIHC-8) (Exhibit J) (DOC)
- Agreement to Utilize Public Housing Waiting List (Minnesota Housing LIHC-11) (Exhibit K) (DOC)
- Previous Participation (Exhibit L) (DOC)
- Project Team Resumes (Exhibit M) (DOC)
- Rent and Income Limits (Exhibit O) (PDF)
- Areas of Concentrated Poverty (ACP50) Map (Exhibit V) (PDF)
- Statement of Election Rent Floor (Minnesota Housing LIHC-26) (Exhibit W) (DOC)
- Maintenance and Operating Expense Review and Underwriting Certification HTC-29 (Exhibit X) (DOC)
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (AFHMP) - Multifamily Housing (HUD-935.2A) (Exhibit Z) (PDF)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement (Exhibit AA) (DOC)
- Multifamily - Intended Methods Worksheet: MN Overlay to Green Communities (Exhibit AB) (XLS)
- Income Averaging Rent and Income Grid (Exhibit AC) (XLS)
- Income Averaging Certification Form (Exhibit AD) (DOC)
- Tenant Selection Plan Guidance (Exhibit AE) (PDF)
Carryover, Placed in Service, and Additional HTC Exhibits:
- Opinion of Counsel Regarding Carryover (Exhibit D) (DOC)
- Self Scoring Worksheet – 4% (Exhibit F) (PDF)
- Transfer of Interest Form (HTC-27) (Exhibit N) (DOC)
- Declaration of Land Use Restrictive Covenants (Exhibit R) (DOC)
- Determination of Targeted Applicable Fraction by Building HTC-3A (Exhibit S) (DOC)
- Final Cost Certification (HTC-9) (Exhibit T) (DOC)
- Final Cost Certification Statement (HTC-9) (Exhibit T) (XLS)
- Application for Issuance of IRS 8609 Owner Certification (HTC-3) (Exhibit U) (DOC)
- 8609 Application (HTC-3A) (Exhibit U) (DOC)
- Statement of Election of Gross Rent Floor Bond-Financed (HTC-34) (Exhibit W) (DOC)
- Opinion of Counsel - Placed in Service (Exhibit Y)
- 2019 Additional HTC exhibits (DOC)
- Election of Applicable Percentage (DOC)
All proposed application and guideline materials can also be picked up at CPED, Crown Roller Mill Suite 200, 105 5th Ave. S., Mpls., MN 55401.
Please note that, though it is not anticipated, these materials are subject to change without notice.
Please contact Amy Geisler at (612) 673-5038 with questions.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov/CPED
Last updated Jan 2, 2020