2019 Metropolitan Council Livable Communities Demonstration Account and Livable Communities Demonstration Account Transit Oriented Development Grants
The City of Minneapolis is soliciting pre-applications for the following 2019 programs:
- Metropolitan Council Livable Communities Demonstration Account (LCDA) Development
- Livable Communities Demonstration Account TOD (LCDA-TOD) Development
We have initiated a new online application process for 2019. All pre-applications must be submitted using the online pre-application no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 14, 2019, and the $750 applications fee must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We reserve the right to accept or reject all funding requests and rescind the request for proposals.
We will evaluate proposals through an established selection process and make recommendations to the Minneapolis City Council on up to three (3) applications for each program to submit to the Metropolitan Council (only three applications per program may be submitted per city).
Contact Jamie Radel at (612) 673-5263 with any questions regarding the LCDA and LCDA-TOD programs or the City of Minneapolis pre-application process.
Considerations before submitting a pre-application
- Based on applications received, CPED staff will determine which funding program applications will be submitted to.
- Grant funds will not be awarded by Metropolitan Council until the 4th quarter of 2019.
- Once awarded by Met Council, grant funds will not be available until the project is fully funded and ready to begin construction.
- A City grant award administration fee will be collected at the time of execution of the subrecipient agreement between the City and the developer. No City or Metropolitan Council funds may be used to pay this fee.
- Affordable Housing Projects: 3% of total grant funds awarded, capped at $20,000
- Commercial Projects: 7% of total grant funds awarded
- Commercial Projects in Great Streets in “intervene” areas: 3% of total grant funds awarded.
- The City will require compliance with City policies, including:
- While the project developer prepares the applications, these are City applications to Metropolitan Council; the City reserves the right to make changes to applications up to the time they are submitted by the City to the Metropolitan Council.
This year, the City has instituted a new online pre-application procedure for the pre-application process. To be eligible for consideration, an online pre-application must be submitted.
The following list of documents are required for a complete City pre-application submittal. Please use the forms linked below.
Required attachments include:
- Site plan and elevations
- Project financial status table (xls)
- Grant sources and uses table (xls)
- Income-restricted and market-rate housing table (xls)
- Signed acknowledgements form (PDF)
Financial analysis, if available Attachments will be uploaded at the end of the online pre-application form.
2. $750 nonrefundable, pre-application fee. The check should be made payable to the City of Minneapolis. This fee cannot be paid with either City of Minneapolis or Metropolitan Council funds.
Send or deliver the check by Friday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. to:
ATTN: LCDA and LCDA TOD Pre-Application (Jamie Radel)
Crown Roller Mill
105 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2534
3. City staff may request additional information, once your application is under review.
2019 Minneapolis LCDA & LCDA TOD Development Grant Schedule
March 14: Online Pre-application submitted to by CPED by 4:00 p.m.
March 15: Application fee submitted to CPED by 4:00 PM
May 8: Housing Policy and Development Committee
May 17: City Council decision
May 24: LCDA-TOD Project Concept Plans due to CPED for review
June 1: LCDA-TOD Final Project Concept Plans due to Met Council
June 24: LCDA Project Concept Plans due to CPED for review
July 1: LCDA Project Final Concept Plans Due to Met Council
July 1: LCDA-TOD Application due to CPED for review
July 11: LCDA-TOD Final Applications due to Met Council
August 1: LCDA Applications due to CPED for review
August 8: LCDA Final Applications Due to Met Council
Metropolitan Council Program Links
Last updated Feb 6, 2019