Items for Public Review
To ensure that residents, businesses and others are informed of current programs, projects, policies and activities of the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED), information is regularly posted on this page for public review:
- Real property acquisition and disposition/land sales
- Development proposals
- Policies (non-administrative)
- Program guidelines and related programmatic allocations
- Development objectives and criteria
- Redevelopment plans and modifications
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) plans and amendments
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for development, and proposals submitted in response to those RFPs
- Updates to the CPED Business Plan
- The City of Minneapolis is seeking input on the proposed Corcoran Triangle Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Plan and the related Modification No. 2 to the Hiawatha and Lake Redevelopment Plan and Modification No. 24 to the Model City Urban Renewal Plan (the “Plans”). Please submit your comments by Monday, July 13, 2015 via e-mail to Shalaunda Holmes, Senior Project Coordinator, Department of Community Planning and Economic Development, 612-673-5266. If you or your group would like to meet to discuss the Plans, or if you have any questions, please contact Shalaunda Holmes.
The Plans have been prepared to facilitate the redevelopment of 135 units of affordable workforce housing in a new four-story building on a vacant 2.6-acre site at East 32nd Street and 24th Avenue South in south Minneapolis.
The Corcoran Triangle TIF Plan establishes a new housing TIF district within the Hiawatha and Lake Redevelopment Project area. Modification No. 2 to the Hiawatha and Lake Redevelopment Plan expands the Hiawatha and Lake project area to include the Corcoran Triangle development site. Modification No. 24 to the Model City Urban Renewal Plan removes the Corcoran Triangle development site from the Model City project area.
It is expected that the proposed Plans will be considered at the following meetings of the Minneapolis City Council and its committees:
Please note the new dates:
Community Development & Regulatory Services Committee (A public hearing will be conducted at this meeting.)
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 1:30 p.m.
Ways and Means Committee
Monday, August 17, 2015 at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, August 21, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.
All meetings will be held in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. Fifth Street, Room 317.
Last updated Jul 22, 2015