Items for Public Review
To ensure that residents, businesses and others are informed of current programs, projects, policies and activities of the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED), information is regularly posted on this page for public review:
- Real property acquisition and disposition/land sales
- Development proposals
- Policies (non-administrative)
- Program guidelines and related programmatic allocations
- Development objectives and criteria
- Redevelopment plans and modifications
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) plans and amendments
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for development, and proposals submitted in response to those RFPs
- Updates to the CPED Business Plan
- Modifications to Parcel C, UVB Site, Phillips Park, Housing Replacement District, and Common TIF Plans
The City of Minneapolis is seeking input on the following proposed Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Plan Modifications (collectively, the “Modifications”):
• Modification No. 2 to the Parcel C TIF Plan
• Modification No. 127 to the Common Plan/Modification No. 2 to the UVB Site TIF Plan
• Modification No. 128 to the Common Plan/Modification No. 2 to the Phillips Park TIF Plan
• Modification No. 2 to the Housing Replacement District Plan
Please submit your comments by noon on Monday, November 14, 2016 via e-mail to Mark Winkelhake, Director, Development Finance, Finance & Property Services Department (612) 673-5105. If you or your group would like to meet to discuss the proposed Modifications, or if you have any questions, please contact Mark Winkelhake.
The City projects that tax increment revenues and expenditures through the remaining duration of the Parcel C, UVB Site, Phillips Park, and Housing Replacement TIF districts will exceed the current budgeted amounts in the respective district TIF Plans. The Modifications amend the tax increment budgets to authorize increased revenues and expenditures, thus allowing the City to continue to meet commitments to outstanding pay-as-you-go TIF notes, the City’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund, and ongoing activities in the Housing Replacement District. Two of the affected TIF Plans are part of the Common Development and Redevelopment Plan and Common TIF Plan (the “Common Plan”), and for that reason the Common Plan is modified along with the TIF Plans.
It is expected that the proposed Modifications will be considered at the following meetings of the Minneapolis City Council and its committees:
Ways & Means Committee
Monday, November 14, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
Community Development & Regulatory Services Committee (A public hearing will be conducted at this meeting.)
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, November 18, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.
All meetings will be held in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. Fifth Street, Room 317.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016