Items for Public Review
To ensure that residents, businesses and others are informed of current programs, projects, policies and activities of the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED), information is regularly posted on this page for public review:
- Real property acquisition and disposition/land sales
- Development proposals
- Policies (non-administrative)
- Program guidelines and related programmatic allocations
- Development objectives and criteria
- Redevelopment plans and modifications
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) plans and amendments
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for development, and proposals submitted in response to those RFPs
- Updates to the CPED Business Plan
- Modification No. 126 to the Common Plan and Modification No. 1 to the Ninth Street and Hennepin Avenue Redevelopment Plan
The City of Minneapolis is seeking input on the proposed Modification No. 126 to the Common Development and Redevelopment Plan and Common Tax Increment Financing Plan and the related Modification No. 1 to the Ninth Street and Hennepin Avenue Redevelopment Plan (collectively, the “Modifications”).
Please submit your comments by noon on Monday, September 12, 2016 via e-mail to Mark Winkelhake, Director, Development Finance, Finance & Property Services Department (612) 673-5105. If you or your group would like to meet to discuss the proposed Modifications, or if you have any questions, please contact Mark Winkelhake.
The Modifications 1) incorporate the Ninth Street and Hennepin Avenue Redevelopment Project into the Minneapolis Common Development and Redevelopment Project (the “Common Project”) and 2) authorize the use of Common Project tax increment revenue for a $2.8 million loan to Hennepin Theatre Trust to acquire and renovate the property at 900 and 906 Hennepin Avenue, known as the Solera Building.
It is expected that the proposed Modifications will be considered at the following meetings of the Minneapolis City Council and its committees:
Community Development & Regulatory Services Committee (A public hearing will be conducted at this meeting.)
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
Ways & Means Committee
Monday, September 19, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, September 23, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.
All meetings will be held in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. Fifth Street, Room 317.
Last updated Aug 3, 2016