Minneapolis Employment and Training
Business/Employer Services & Tools
Minneapolis Employment and Training provides a variety of tools and resource links to assist Minneapolis businesses with employment, training and talent recruitment.
Recruitment, Hiring, Training, and Retaining Talent
Recruit and Retain Your Workforce
Minneapolis Employment and Training and its provider network can:
- Screen and refer qualified, recently trained, diverse applicants
- Broadcast job opening quickly and for free, to pre-screened and qualified candidates
- Create customized training for your future workforce:
Mentor Tomorrow’s Workforce Today
- City of Minneapolis’ STEP-UP youth employment program
Business Assistance and Resources
- City of Minneapolis department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) Business Assistance and Finance Program Information
- Labor market data and industry trends
- Create a City of Minneapolis Workforce Plan to maximize the community benefit of your investment.
- The City of Minneapolis Job Linkage Program provides a framework for city economic development programs and projects. Job Linkage agreements encourage businesses to establish five-year job hiring and retention goals, hire Minneapolis residents and pay living wages (any business that receives financial assistance from the city will be required to sign a job linkage agreement).
- Learn about the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), a Federal tax credit incentive that Congress provides to private-sector businesses for hiring individuals from nine target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
Employment and Training
- Minnesota Job Bank
- Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development (DEED)
- The Shared Work Program
Labor and Demographic Trends
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights
- Minneapolis Development Review
- Minneapolis Living Wage Ordinance and Job Linkage Programs
Education, Training and Research
- Minnesota Internet System for Education and Employment Knowledge (ISEEK)
- James J. Hill Reference Library
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Hennepin County Libraries
Contact Mark Brinda at 612-673-6231 to learn how Minneapolis Employment and Training can help support your business.
Last updated Nov 24, 2015