STEP-UP Summer Jobs Program
STEP-UP is a summer job program for Minneapolis youth ages 14-21. Youth must complete a competitive application process and work readiness training to be considered for a position with the STEP-UP program. Youth ages 14-21 are offered a paid internship experience and matched with positions at local businesses.
- Is a summer jobs program for Minneapolis youth between ages 14-21
- Connects you to great paid jobs you can't find on your own
- Provides job training and real work experience to build your resume
- Helps you gain important professional skills on the job
- Links you to adult professionals in many career fields
- Helps you earn up to $2,000 for the summer
2014 STEP-UP Application
The STEP-UP application deadline for summer 2014 has passed. Please consider applying next year. The application will be available online in December 2014
STEP-UP is a summer jobs program for Minneapolis youth, ages 14-21.
After STEP-UP interns complete training, they are eligible to work for pay at Minneapolis businesses and nonprofit organizations to gain job experience, explore career interests, and build professional skills.
To be eligible, youth must:
- live in Minneapolis,
- be 14-21 years old on June 1, 2014
- not be currently enrolled in college (PSEO is okay),
- meet certain income guidelines (see below), or have a substantial barrier to employment including students with IEPs, English language learners, or pregnant and parenting teens. If you are unsure if you qualify, please apply.
- applicants must be eligible to work in the US (by June 1, 2014) and have proper documentation
Students will be advised of their STEP-UP application status through mail and email the week of March 3.
Training for accepted applicants will take place in March or April.
Check your email at least once a week for important information about acceptance and training.
STEP-UP using the following chart as a GUIDELINE to determine if a student is eligible for our program. It is a guideline only. If you are unsure if you qualify, please apply.
Family Size 1 Person 2 Person 3 Person 4 Person 5 Person 6 Person 7 Person 8 Person Total Household In-come $ 45,500 $ 52,000 $ 58,500 $ 65,000 $ 70,200 $ 75,400 $ 80,600 $ 85,800
Total Household In-come
*Source: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, FY 2012 Income Limits Documentation System for the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI MSA area. Low (80%) Income Limits
Learn more about the program from previous STEP-UP Interns:
Stay in Touch!
Last updated Feb 28, 2014