Minneapolis Employment and Training
- Minneapolis Employment and Training Youth Programs (pdf)
- STEP-UP: Summer jobs for Minneapolis youth ages 14-21
- Minneapolis Youth Works: Helps youth and young adults learn academic life and work skills, identify career paths, and achieve meaningful employment.
- 2017 Employment & Opportunity Guide for Minneapolis Youth
- Everything you need to apply for a job (pdf)
- Youth Build Leaders
- PEACE (Pathways to Emergency & Academy Career Experiences) is a program that supports the pathway for students interested in Justice and Emergency Services Careers. It will offer opportunities for students to participate in:
1. Mini Academies where students gain hands on experience that supports education goals and can lead to justice or emergency careers in the areas of:
• Emergency Services
• Law and Legal Services
2. Have a mentor from police, fire, emergency services or law & legal services to support student’s interest in pursuing a career in those industries.
3. Work in a paid internship to gain experience for future careers, students may be interested in from the justice and emergency services industry.
Participation in PEACE is voluntary but we ask that students:
• Commit to the program through high school graduation
• Work with their Check & Connect Case Manager to meet graduation requirements
• Participate in the program events
- Minneapolis Works: Provides Minneapolis jobseekers with personalized career guidance, skills training, and job search services.
- Dislocated Worker Program: Comprehensive career counseling services for individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own. For adults ages 18 or older.
- WIOA Adult: Individualized career counseling services for adults looking to improve, update, or gain new employment skills.
Job Training and Hiring Events
- NEW – 911 Telecommunicator Training
- Apprenticeships in the Metro Area (pdf)
- TechHire: Aimed at preparing jobseekers to do programming, coding and other IT-related functions
- City of Minneapolis Job Seeker Bulletin: Learn about available job training and skills enhancement programs and upcoming hiring events through a bi-monthly e-newsletter. Read archived copies online.
Free Resources for Self Directed Job Search
- Find a Community Technology Center/Internet Access
- Explore Careers, Assess Your Skills & Locate Training, and Find a Job (pdf)
- Develop & Strengthen Your Job Search Strategy
- Find Financial Help & Community Services
- Graduate Employment Outcomes Tool (Shows how Minnesota graduates found Minnesota jobs one and two years after graduation)
- DEED Labor Market Information Tools
Last updated Jul 25, 2017