Community Planning & Economic Development
Business Profile: Meseret Ethiopian Restaurant
Meseret Asfaw, Owner of Meseret Ethiopian Restaurant, worked with the City to renovate her restaurant space.
Meseret Ethiopian Restaurant located at 3867 Minnehaha Avenue is open for business with a range of help from the City of Minneapolis. As business owner, Meseret Asfaw, was building out her new restaurant, she encountered problems and confusion with her contractor and the inspection review process. The City’s Small Business Team coordinated a site visit with multiple City inspectors to provide clarity and resolve issues.
Meseret also received coaching on growing her business through the City's Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP) from program partner African Economic Development Solutions. The City’s 2% Loan and Great Streets Facade Improvement Grant programs helped provide funds for the expansion.
Explore more how the City helps small businesses plan, launch and grow in Minneapolis at business.minneapolismn.gov.
Latest CPED News and Events
- 2019 Teen Job and Opportunity Fair
- Nominations Sought for 2019 Minneapolis Preservation Awards, 1/17/19 (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Receives Gold Award of Excellence in Economic Development from the International Economic Development Council, 10/25/18 (PDF)
- Discover Minneapolis Manufacturing! Tour H&B Elevators and Unison Comfort Technologies, 10/1/2018 (PDF)
- Discover a New Career at the Northside Community Job and Resource Fair, 9/14/18 (PDF)
- Energy Business Technical Assistance Program (E-TAP) Offers Small Businesses Energy Cost-Saving Resources, 9/13/18 (PDF)
Last updated Aug 12, 2019