Housing Policy and Development Division
CPED administers a number of programs for the development and preservation of affordable and mixed-income rental and ownership housing. Funds are targeted to meet City housing priorities, including supportive/special needs, senior, large family, long-term/perpetual affordability, corridor/transit/density, and mixed-use. Preservation of currently affordable housing is a top priority for insuring continuing housing affordability in the city.
CPED’s housing division:
- Provides financing and administers programs for housing development, preservation, stabilization, and rehabilitation,
- Provides financing for home improvement and home mortgages through vendor contracts,
- Administers programs to return vacant lots and vacant and/or boarded structures to the City's housing supply,
- Undertakes initiatives to remove obstacles, promote growth, and support private sector housing development efforts, and
- Encourages and supports private market activity in the production and preservation of housing for all income levels.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov/CPED
Last updated Nov 19, 2018