Requests for Proposals
Following is a listing of active Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and program nominations being solicited by the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED).
General Conditions are terms and conditions that the City expects all of its Contractors to meet. By proposing, the proposer agrees to be bound by these requirements unless otherwise noted in the Proposal. The proposer may suggest alternative language to any section. Some negotiation is possible to accommodate the proposer’s suggestions.
Commercial, Ownership or Rental Housing Development
- CPED is soliciting commercial, ownership, or rental housing development proposals for the city-owned property at 628 Franklin Avenue East. Priority will be given to fully funded commercial or market rate housing proposals. Proposals are due at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 5, 2014.
There has been a significant interest in the redevelopment of 628 E Franklin Ave. Please plan to submit a competitive proposal with an emphasis on a complete offer to purchase including the proposed budget (page 10), the minimum of conditional commitments for all project financing to redevelop the site, and the conceptual drawings of the proposed redevelopment that adequately displays the redevelopment (drawings must include site plans, elevations of the building exterior and the interior floor plans) and also meet the additional requirements of the request. CPED staff understands the investment in participating in the proposal process and may be willing to recommend exclusive development rights to the best proposal if needed to support the highest quality redevelopment.
Inspection: The building will be open for inspection from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Thursday July 24, 2014. Please contact Cherie Shoquist at 612-673-5078 if it is necessary to schedule another inspection date in August.
Reports: The City does not have a structural engineering report for the building as the soundness of the structure is not in question.
Parking: Parking availability on the property and in the surrounding neighborhood is an identified issue to redevelopment.
Ventura Village Neighborhood: The Ventura Village Neighborhood plans to meet to review proposals for 628 E Franklin on Thursday September 25, 2014. The time, location, and meeting agenda will be set in mid-September in advance of the meeting. The development staff contact is Thor Adam, and he may be reached at 612-599-1066.
Contact: Please email Cherie Shoquist if you would like to be added to the 628 Franklin RFP email contact list and indicate if you would like your contact information to be shared with other potential developers.
- CPED is a suballocator of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for the state. Tax credits are offered through an annual RFP process pursuant to the Qualified Allocation Plan. Proposals are due annually.
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Program funds are used to provide gap financing (the difference between conventional financing and project costs) for affordable and mixed-income rental housing production and preservation projects. Proposals are due annually.
- CPED seeks nominations for projects to include in its new Higher Density Corridor Housing Initiative . The program provides a new funding source for public acquisition of sites for multifamily housing development on or near community, commercial and transit corridors. Open application period.
- Sign up to receive announcements on CPED-related funding and site development opportunities available through RFP application cycles throughout the year.
Last updated Jul 24, 2014