Community Planning & Economic Development
Partner Profile: Pillsbury United Communities
Top: Chanda Smith Baker, President and CEO, PUC, accepts 2015 STEP-UP Employer of the Year Award from Mayor Betsy Hodges. Bottom: PUC Culinary Arts Training program student and teacher chef.
Pillsbury United Communities (PUC) works in partnership with City of Minneapolis Employment and Training to offer results driven employment services for Minneapolis Works and Minneapolis Youth Works. These services include work readiness, job placement and retention, and include career planning, resume development, and interviewing practice.
AClient services emphasize relationship building by offering one-on-one job counseling and assistance in community centers with deep roots in the neighborhoods of North and South Minneapolis.The agency also offers a successful Culinary Arts Training program where participants receive training in a licensed kitchen under the direction of qualified chefs. Participants in this track also receive the industry-recognized ServSafe Food Handler’s Certificate.In 2015, PUC won the Best Community Impact Award from the United Way and the STEP-UP Employer of the Year Award.
Latest News from CPED
- City of Minneapolis STEP-UP Youth Employment Program Now Accepting Applications for 2017 Summer Internship Placements, 12/6/16 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Request for Proposals for Parcels Located Near Van White Memorial Boulevard and 2nd Avenue N in North Minneapolis, 11/16/16 (pdf)
- Over 100 Expected to Attend Second Annual IT Career and Training Expo, 11/14/16 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Request for Proposals for Commercial Property at 4146 Fremont Avenue North, 11/10/2016 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Requests for Proposals for Northeast Corner of Penn-Lowry in North Minneapolis, 11/2/2016 (pdf)
Last updated Dec 9, 2016