Community Planning & Economic Development
Join Mayor Frey in Celebrating the First Minneapolis Black Business Week
Minneapolis Black Business Week highlights and celebrates black owned businesses right here in Minneapolis.
Later this month, the City will celebrate the first ever Minneapolis Black Business Week. From July 19 – July 27, the City and partner organizations will be hosting events to highlight and support black-owned businesses throughout the city.
Economic inclusion is central to the City's goals, including reducing the current racial disparities in business ownership in Minneapolis. Minneapolis Business Week highlights the contributions that black-owned businesses make to the richness and vibrancy of our community, promotes spending with black-owned businesses, and offers opportunities to connect businesses to the resources they need to thrive.
Black Business week has something for everyone. If you are a black business owner, you can sign up to have your business highlighted in the City's online directory, learn about business trends, discover what it takes to become a vendor with the City, expand your professional network and more. Everyone can participate by dining, shopping, and exercising at featured businesses; taking in a free movie screening at the Commons park; or enjoying art and entertainment at the Flow Northside Arts Crawl.
Find events on Twitter using #MplsBlackBizWeek
Latest CPED News and Events
- 2019 Teen Job and Opportunity Fair
- Nominations Sought for 2019 Minneapolis Preservation Awards, 1/17/19 (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Receives Gold Award of Excellence in Economic Development from the International Economic Development Council, 10/25/18 (PDF)
- Discover Minneapolis Manufacturing! Tour H&B Elevators and Unison Comfort Technologies, 10/1/2018 (PDF)
- Discover a New Career at the Northside Community Job and Resource Fair, 9/14/18 (PDF)
- Energy Business Technical Assistance Program (E-TAP) Offers Small Businesses Energy Cost-Saving Resources, 9/13/18 (PDF)
Last updated Jul 16, 2019