Why License Your Pet?
- It’s a Free Ride Home
If your licensed pet is found in Minneapolis, it will get a ride to your home instead of the animal shelter.
- Your Pet is More Likely to Get Back Home
Licensed pets are three times more likely than unlicensed pets to go home again.
- Prompt Medical Attention
If your pet is found injured, a pet license makes it more likely that its medical history can be located and it will get the proper medical care right away.
- It’s the Law
Minneapolis requires dogs, cats, ferrets, and rabbits to be licensed (Minneapolis Ordinance 64.10 and 65.10).
- It Ensures a Pet is Vaccinated Against Rabies
- It Helps Other Animals. Your License Helps:
- Shelter and feed lost dogs and cats and find them a new home.
- Educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
- Reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners
- You will Receive the I Love My Pet Rewards Program Card!
Last updated Jan. 27, 2014