Minneapolis Animal Care & Control utilizes volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, photograph animals, be Adoption Counselors, as well as foster animals. We ask individuals to commit to volunteer four hours per month for a minimum of six months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening.
MACC is currently training a new class of volunteers. The date of the next volunteer orientation is to be determined, but isn't expected until fall. For additional information, please email Danielle Joerger, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
1. Submit an application ($20 application fee will be due at time of orientation)
2. Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session (approx. 2 hours)
3. Attend class(es) specific to volunteer position
4. Hands-on training with a current volunteer
5. Obtain a volunteer ID badge
Last updated Apr 14, 2016