Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, photograph animal, or be an Adoption Counselor. We ask individuals to volunteer four hours per month for a minimum of six months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
MACC is not accepting applications for new volunteers right now. We are currently working to train in a new class of volunteers this summer. For additional information, please email Danielle Joerger, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2-3 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
Last updated Jan 25, 2016