Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, or be part of our PAW PATROL. We ask individuals to volunteer 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
Download our Volunteer Application (Word)
Our next Volunteer Information Session will be held on Monday, October 6 (6-8pm). The Volunteer Orientation Session is set for Tuesday, October 21 (6-9pm). Both sessions are required. Please RSVP to Jeanette.Wiedemeier@minneapolismn.gov to reserve your spot today. Our dogs, cats and small animals are waiting for YOU!!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
Volunteer "cuddling" a kitten Volunteer spending quality time with a puppy
Last updated Oct 2, 2014