Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, photograph animal, or be an Adoption Counselor. We ask individuals to volunteer 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
Download our Volunteer Application (Word)
Currently, MACC has no volunteer training dates on the calendar. Our focus right now is on in-service training for our current volunteers as opposed to bringing on NEW volunteers. Please keep checking back for updated information. Thanks!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
Volunteer "cuddling" a kitten Volunteer spending quality time with a puppy
Last updated Feb 10, 2015