Community Planning & Economic Development

Business Licenses & Consumer Services
350 S. 5th Street, Room 1
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 673-2080
Fax: (612) 673-3399

Monday through Thursday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Visit Business Portal button

Didn't find what you are looking for?  Visit the Contact 311 web page for information about the City and City services.


Notice of Public Hearing

DBA: Bad Axe Throwing USA

Date:   November 13, 2018
Time:  1:30 p.m. or shortly thereafter
Place: Minneapolis City Hall, Room 317, 350 South 5th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Purpose:  To gather public opinion and solicit comments regarding the application from Bad Axe Throwing USA for an On Sale Wine with Strong Beer license. If approved, they intend to continue their entertainment of axe throwing and add food and alcohol to the business plan.
Applicant's Name (Legal Entity): Bad Axe Throwing USA, Inc.
DBA/Trade Name: Bad Axe Throwing USA
Complete Address: 2505 Kennedy Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Telephone Number: 612-888-435-0001
Current License(s): Place of Entertainment
Requested License(s): On Sale Wine with Strong Beer, Class E
Zoning District: I2
Neighborhood and Ward: Mid City Industrial District and Ward 1
Hours of Operation: Sunday to Thursday 9:00a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Nature of Entertainment: Class E permits the use of radio, television, electronically reproduced music, karaoke and jukebox. All other devices producing musical sound or the use of a disc jockey are prohibited. No live entertainment or dancing shall be allowed. The applicant intends to offer axe throwing as their primary entertainment.
This application is subject to final approval of all ordinance requirements which may include zoning, health, criminal background, and financial reviews. You are invited to attend, express your opinions, and/or submit such in writing by contacting Inspector Julie Casey at 612-673-3905.   
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact the Licenses and Consumer Services Division at 612-673-2080. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service by calling 311 or 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157.

Last updated Nov 5, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo