Preparing Your Load
Debris must be separated according to the following categories:
- Garbage - Household, everyday type garbage. No liquids.
- Scrap Metals - Such as bed frames, barbecue grill, metal shelves, pipes, etc.
- Appliances - maximum of two (2) appliances (Includes: electronics, televisions, computers, mattress, box spring.)
- Tires - will accept tires on rims. (Request a tire voucher!)
- Construction & Paving Materials - Transfer Station will not accept if there is dirt in the load or attached to rock or concrete. Construction & Paving materials must be separated into the following categories:
- Lumber: including green treated lumber. No railroad ties.
- Building materials such as sheetrock, plaster, shingles, etc.
- Paving materials such as asphalt, brick, concrete, rock, etc. Will not accept if there is dirt in the load or attached to rock or concrete.
Not Accepted: asbestos, automobile parts, dirt, liquids, paint cans, railroad ties, yard waste, or hazardous materials, and other items as indicated in Solid Waste & Recycling "What to Do" list. Please call (612) 673-2917 if you are not sure.
Cars, trucks, rental trucks (i.e. *U-Haul or Home Depot), as well as trailers are allowed at the South Transfer Station. Commercial vehicles (any vehicle that has a US DOT Registration) including but not limited to: packer, semi, roll-off, lift or dump trucks are not permitted in the transfer station.
- Maximum vehicle height: 11 feet
- Maximum length of vehicle or vehicle with trailer cannot exceed 25 feet. In most cases, a 17 foot rental truck would meet our maximum vehicle size requirements but be sure to check with the rental company for actual bumper to bumper dimensions.
Last updated Aug 19, 2016