Preparing Your Load
Important notice for Transfer Station users
- Until further notice the South Transfer Station will be open to Voucher Customers only. Cash and checks will no longer be accepted. Any voucher overages will be added to the Utility Bill account for the property.
- If you do not have a Voucher, you are not able to use the site at this time. Visit Hennepin County’s Landfill and transfer station web page to find alternative disposal locations while the transfer station is unavailable. Be sure to call ahead to verify materials accepted, hours, and fees.
Debris must be separated according to the following categories
- Garbage - Household, everyday type garbage. No liquids.
- Scrap Metals - Such as bed frames, barbecue grill, metal shelves, pipes, etc.
- Appliances - maximum of two (2) appliances (Includes: electronics, televisions, computers, mattress, box spring.)
- Tires - will accept tires on rims. (Request a tire voucher!)
- Construction & Paving Materials - Transfer Station will not accept if there is dirt in the load or attached to rock or concrete. Construction & Paving materials must be separated into the following categories:
- Lumber: including green treated lumber. No railroad ties.
- Building materials such as sheetrock, plaster, shingles, etc.
- Paving materials such as asphalt, brick, concrete, rock, etc. Will not accept if there is dirt in the load or attached to rock or concrete.
Not Accepted: asbestos, automobile parts, dirt, sod, liquids, paint cans, railroad ties, yard waste, or hazardous materials, and other items as indicated in Solid Waste & Recycling "What to Do" list. Please call (612) 673-2917 if you are not sure.
Cars, trucks, rental trucks (i.e. *U-Haul or Home Depot), as well as trailers are allowed at the South Transfer Station. Commercial vehicles (any vehicle that has a US DOT Registration) including but not limited to: packer, semi, roll-off, lift or dump trucks are not permitted in the transfer station.
- Maximum vehicle height: 11 feet
- Maximum length of vehicle or vehicle with trailer cannot exceed 25 feet. In most cases, a 17 foot rental truck would meet our maximum vehicle size requirements but be sure to check with the rental company for actual bumper to bumper dimensions.
Last updated Mar 18, 2020