Traffic Sign Issues
Report the following issues online using the forms below and a customer service agent will address your concern.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address.
- When you submit the form you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
Traffic Sign Repair Request
- If a stop sign is down or a sign is blocking traffic, call 911.
- This form is for reporting missing, damaged, or worn traffic signs.
- This form is not for reporting graffiti, unless the graffiti completely obscures the sign. Learn how to report graffiti.
- Service Level Goal: This request may take 5 days to resolve or complete.
- Resolution: When the sign has been repaired, the supervisor or his/her designee closes out the service request.
Traffic Sign Removal Request
This form is for removing a sign that is no longer needed.
- A deaf child sign on a street where the child no longer resides
- A disability zone that is no longer needed
- A paid zone, such as a valet zone or commercial loading zone
- Service Level Goal: This request may take 14 days to resolve or complete.
- Traffic & Parking Services will investigate your request and notify you of its decision to remove the sign or not. This process can be expedited if removal is requested by the person or business who originally requested installation of the sign or zone.
- If approved, the Traffic Engineer or his/her designee generates an inter-office request to the Traffic Department for the removal of the sign(s) and the service request is closed out.
New Traffic Sign Request
Are you aware of a traffic safety issue that might be improved with the addition of a new traffic sign?
- Request a new traffic sign through this form.
- Signs are installed according to state and federal standards.
- Standard traffic signs include stop, speed limit, curve warning.
- Service Level Goal: This request may take 60 days to complete or resolve.
- Minneapolis Traffic and Parking Services will conduct a preliminary study that will take into consideration traffic and pedestrian volumes, vehicular speeds, accident history, visibility, sign spacing, and other conditions.
- If the installation of a traffic sign is deemed appropriate, it will be scheduled for installation.
- Due to budget reductions, the City no longer installs or maintains certain types of signs (see below)
Street signs that the City supports: (contact 311)
- Alley speed limit (customer must install, on private property)
- Regulatory, Warning, and Informational Signs
- Speed Limit (over 30 MPH)
The City will install the following signs for a fee: (contact 311)
- Loading Zone (paid zone)
- No Parking Zone (paid zone)
- Short Term Parking Zone (paid zone )
The City does NOT support the following signs (repair, install, or maintain):
- No Turn On Red
- No Parking Corner Clearance
- No Parking On Bridges
- No Parking Fire Zone
- No Parking During Church Service
- No Parking Squads Only
- Loading Zones (Free)/No Parking Zones (Free)/Short Term Parking Zones (Free)
- Children at Play/Deaf Child/Blind Child/Autistic Child
The City will respond to vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic safety issues and concerns. The City will remove or repair signs that are downed or damaged, and are a hazard to public safety (contact 311). Budget reductions have impacted some sign services that may have been supplied in the past.
Last updated Feb 12, 2018