Public Works

350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

Apply Online

Apply online now for a residential block event permit and/or register your National Night Out event below, whether or not you plan to close a street.

Apply for Residential Block Permit Online

If you can’t use this online service, or prefer not to, please call the 311 Service Center to submit your application by telephone. The City is no longer taking applications for residential block event permits by mail.

Learn more about National Night Out.

Before You Begin …

The following tips will help make your online application experience successful:

1. Make sure you have access to a printer. You will want to print your receipt if you choose to pay online. Or, if you choose not to pay online, you’ll be asked to print a fee statement to mail with your payment.

2. Have ready your event location, date (and rain date), time and description of activities.

3. Have ready your list of neighbors (name and address) who have been contacted and given approval for the event (to meet your residential approval requirement).

4. Make sure you understand the fee schedule for residential block events. The online form will calculate your fee based on the date you apply and the date you plan to hold your event.

Technical Support

If you have trouble using this service, please contact (Technical issues only)

Questions about Your Permit Application

Last updated Sep 28, 2015



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32