Reporting Adult Welfare Issues

When you encounter an adult who seems to be in trouble there are a wide variety of resources available, depending on the particular problem. A mentally ill, chemically dependent, or otherwise vulnerable adult can be given assistance.

Approaching an adult in crisis

Resources Available

If you as a neighbor, friend, or other interested person are unable to contact a family member and the situation doesn't seem to justify police crisis intervention, there are still many possible sources of help.

Too many animals?

Occasionally, there may also be large numbers of dogs, cats, or other pets that are creating a health hazard. Call Minneapolis Animal Control at 612-673-6222. Call: 911 for Emergencies (Animal Attacks) or Call 311 (non-emergency issues)

Last updated Jul 11, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Salary Compliance Notice:
State statute 471.701; Notice of Salary Compliance, requires that the City post for not less than 90 days
the job title of the three highest paid employees along with their base salary. For 2018 these were:
1. City Attorney, $186,490
2. Assistant City Coordinator Convention Center, $183,600
3. Director Public Works, $181,191


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo