Neighborhoods and block clubs work with our Crime Prevention Specialists (CPS) to prevent and reduce crime. The Minneapolis Police Department's top goals are to increase the number of organized blocks, reach out to non-resident property owners, and increasing neighborhood crime watch groups. Your Crime Prevention Specialist can help you organize your block and neighborhood crime prevention strategies.
Advantages to organizing your block:
- Leaders who get trained by their CPS's receive Action Alerts which release substantially more crime information for reports in the area around their block.
- Active block leaders registered with their CPS's get free block permits and prioritized visits by patrol officers on National Night Out.
- Block leaders get priority seating at our Citizens Academy, with an "a la carte" selection of MPD training topics.
- Block leaders join a partnership of over five thousand committed volunteers who have seen decline on their blocks and when crime patterns erupt, they are quickly addressed.
Email [email protected] today to:
- Find out if your block is organized and who your block leader is.
- If you block doesn't have a leader you can find out how to step up and be a block leader.
- Sign up for one of your neighborhood's crime prevention activities.
- Help us reach out to your "neighbor who just happens to live somewhere else"; such as non-resident business owners.
Last updated Apr 30, 2018