MPD Explorer Post
- We are non-profit program run by volunteer Minneapolis Police Officers.
- We mentor and train young adults, ages 14-20.
- We train Explorers in a variety of common police scenarios.
- We encourage explorers who graduate from high school to become Community Service Officers.
- Many Explorers become police officers.
Join the MPD Explorer Post to find out what it's like to be a Minneapolis police officer.
- Explorers compete at local, state and national competitions and can earn college scholarships.
Explorers also help Minneapolis police officers at events such as the Uptown Art Fair, NE Parade, Aquatennial Parade.
Explorers in good standing may participate in ride-alongs with Minneapolis Police Officers
• Traffic Stops
• Domestic Crisis Intervention
• Traffic Crash Investigation
• Hostage Negotiation
• Burglary Response
• Search and Arrest
• White Collar Crime
• Emergency First Aid
• And more!
Requirements to be an Explorer
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Be 14-20 years old and in high school or enrolled in a college at the time of acceptance.
- Have an interest in the field of law enforcement.
For more information:
Minneapolis Police Explorer Program
4119 Dupont Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Last updated Jul 9, 2019