Report Parking Violation
Is there a car in your neighborhood violating a parking ordinance? Report a parking violation using the link below and Traffic Control will address your concern.
Report Parking Violation (Vehicles parked on public right of way such as streets/alleys)
Report Parking Violation (Vehicles parked on private property)
- To report a parking violation, you must know:
- License plate number
- State that issued license plate (i.e. MN)
- Vehicle color
- Vehicle make
- An accurate address is vital! Please include a full address, including street, avenue, road, etc. and direction i.e. north, south, northeast, etc.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address.
- When you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
- Service Level Goal: Parking issues may take up to 72 hours to resolve.
- Resolution: When a report is received, a traffic control agent will be sent out to the location of the parking complaint and will either cite the vehicle in violation or find the vehicle not in violation of any City parking ordinance.
For any questions pertaining to parking ordinances, see Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Chapter 478.
There are laws that apply even when there is not a sign posted. Learn about Unsigned Parking Restrictions.
Last updated Mar 1, 2016