City Council approves vision, goals that will guide City work for next four years
The Minneapolis City Council today adopted the City’s vision, values, goals and strategic directions that will guide the City’s work for the next four years. City leaders set new goals every four years, resulting in clear priorities that provide long-term direction and clarify the core function of City government.
The adoption of the goals follows a public comment period in February and March when residents were asked to give their feedback on the draft vision, values, goals and strategic directions.
The City Council approved the following five City goals:
- Living well: Minneapolis is safe and livable and has an active and connected way of life
- One Minneapolis: Disparities are eliminated so all Minneapolis residents can participate and prosper
- A hub of economic activity and innovation: Businesses, big and small, start, move, stay and grow here
- Great places: Natural and built spaces work together and our environment is protected
- A City that works: City government runs well and connects to the community it serves
Beginning in April, departments will use the new four year goals, strategic directions and values to begin crafting their individual business plans.
Published Mar 28, 2014