Immigration in Minnesota
Useful information related to immigration and educational events.
- University of Minnesota Immigration History Research Center
- National Report on impacts of access to legal counsel in immigration court proceedings
- Wilder Research and Minneapolis Foundation report on impact of immigration in Minnesota (2009)
- Minnesota Demographic Center figures on immigration in Minnesota
- Minnesota Issues Resource Guides: Immigrants in Minnesota
- Minnesota Compass: Immigration Overview
OIRA speaking events and Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- March 15, 2019- 2019 Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference
- January 24, 2019- Moral Witness Moral Action: A Conversation with Local Leaders
- November 2, 2018 - 2018 Immigration Law Forum: Civil Rights Behind Bars: Center for New Americans
- September 25, 2018 - Radical Changes in US Refugee Resettlement
- September 21, 2018 - Journey to Citizenship: Representing Citizenship Applicants Pro Bono Part 1
For information about volunteering, please reach out to one of the City's community partners on immigration.
Minneapolis is a Welcoming City
The City of Minneapolis is part of Welcoming America, a network of cities and counties that foster inclusive communities, understanding that when everyone feels like they belong, communities prosper. Welcoming Cities believe that all people, including immigrants, are valuable contributors to society and are vital to the success of our communities and to our shared future.
Last updated May 10, 2019