Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
The NCEC advises the mayor and City Council, recommends improvements to the City’s community engagement process, develops guidelines for the Community Participation Program, a neighborhood funding program, works to increase diversity on other advisory boards, and reviews the business plan for the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department.
16 residents comprise the NCEC. Neighborhood organizations elect 8 residents, and there are 5 City Council appointees, 2 mayoral appointees, and 1 Park and Recreation Board appointee.
This list reflects the results of the July 17, 2019 neighborhood representative elections. Mayor and Council appointments have not yet been announced.
- NCEC District 1 - Jeff Strand
- NCEC District 2 - Paul Junek
- NCEC District 3 - Candace Miller Lopez
- NCEC District 4 - Marcus Mills
- NCEC District 5 - Lolita Davis Carter
- NCEC District 6 - Michael Malone
- NCEC District 7 - Christy Marie Caez Claudio
- NCEC District 8 - Marcea Mariani
- Mary Dedeaux-Swinton
- Devin Wise
City Council Appointees
- John Benda
- Queen Kimmons
- Henry Gowin
- Laura Nudell Lee
Park Board Appointee
Join the NCEC
Eight of the 16 NCEC commissioners are appointed through the open appointments process and eight members are elected by Minneapolis neighborhood organizations.
- Mayor and City Council Appointed Seats: Closed on May 31, 2019.
- Neighborhood Representative Seats: Learn about the neighborhood representative seats and apply to serve on behalf of District 3.
Next Meeting Date
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
UROC, 2001 Plymouth Ave N, Room 105, Minneapolis, MN 55411
Starting in December 2019, find all meeting dates and agendas at lims.minneapolismn.gov/calendar/boards/upcoming Then select "Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission" or the relevant NCEC subcommittee to view upcoming meetings. Click on the meeting in the calendar to view the agenda.
All NCEC meetings are open to the public.
Watch past meeting videos
- View NCEC meetings in the NCEC tab of the Minneapolis City Council TV page, Minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
Last updated Jan 27, 2020