Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
Representatives of Minneapolis neighborhood and cultural communities sit on the NCEC and advise the Mayor and City Council on a wide range of community engagement issues. The NCEC is responsible for developing guidelines for the City’s principal neighborhood funding program, the Community Participation Program. The Commission also works to broaden participation on advisory boards and commissions, develops recommendations for improving the City’s public participation process, and reviews the business plan for the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department.
Eight of the 16 NCEC commissioners are appointed through the open appointments process with the remaining members elected by Minneapolis neighborhood organizations.
The next meeting is:
Tuesday. July 22, 2014 (Full Commission Meeting)
Minneapolis Woman's Club - Lower Ballroom (410 Oak Grove Street)
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Agenda (7/22/14)
- Minutes (6/24/14)
- Agenda Item 5: Twin Cities Region Equitable Development Principles (pdf)
- Agenda Item 6: Staff Report (pdf)
- Agenda Item 7a: Staff Report (pdf)
- Agenda Item 8: Staff Report, One Minneapolis Fund Committee Charge, Re-established City Department Engagement Task Force Charge.
View past meeting agendas and materials.
2014 meeting dates and times: (Locations may vary)
- 1st Wednesday - Executive Committee, 5:00p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday - Committee of the Whole, 5:00p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday - City Department Engagement Task Force, 5:00p.m.
- 4th Tuesday - Full Commission Meeting, 5:00-7:00p.m. - 2014 Meeting Locations.
All NCEC meetings are open to the public.
Interested in watching the commission meeting?
Check the Government Meeting Channel 79 Live and Reply Schedule for when the NCEC meeting will air or
Request a DVD. Send us an email including the date of the meeting and a mailing address.
The City of Minneapolis invites and encourages participation by every resident to each program, service and event within our city. Should you require an accommodation in order for you to fully participate, or should you require this document in a different format, please let us know by contacting 612-673-3737.
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llame al teléfono (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
Last updated Jul 17, 2014