Zoning & Planning Committee Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
June 5, 2014 – 9:30 a.m.
Room 317, City Hall
Members Present: Council Members Lisa Goodman, Andrew Johnson, Barbara Johnson, Kevin Reich, Abdi Warsame
Members Absent: Council Member Lisa Bender
Referred by City Planning Commission (4/7/2014)
1. Outdoor Sales and Display (Zoning Code Text Amendment):
Subject matter of the following ordinances amending Title 20 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances relating to Zoning Code, allowing additional sale and display of goods outside of business establishments:
a) Chapter 525 relating to the Zoning Code: Administration and Enforcement
b) Chapter 548 relating to the Zoning Code: Commercial Districts
c) Chapter 549 relating to the Zoning Code: Downtown Districts
d) Chapter 550 relating to the Zoning Code: Industrial Districts
e) Chapter 551 relating to the Zoning Code: Overlay Districts
Return Chapters 520, 535, 536, and 547 to the author.
Action Taken: Approved
Referred by City Council (5/23/2014)
2. 80 Broadway St NE:
Appeal submitted by Diane Hofstede, on behalf of a group of people, of the decision of the City Planning Commission approving a conditional use permit and site plan review to allow a liquor store for the property located at 80 Broadway St NE. (Ward 3).
Action Taken: The appeal was Denied and the application approved, with the following revised conditions of approval:
1. Not less than 30 percent of the Broadway Street Northeast building elevation shall be windows that comply with the standards of section 530.120(b) of the zoning code.
2. Not less than 25 percent of the parking lot building elevation shall be windows that comply with the standards of section 530.120(b) of the zoning code.
3. The applicant is encouraged to plant at least 4 boulevard trees in the Broadway Street right-of-way, at least 2 boulevard trees in the Marshall Street right-of-way, and at least 3 boulevard trees in the 11th Avenue right-of-way.
4. Department of Community Planning and Economic Development staff review and approval of the final building elevations, floor, fixture, site, lighting and landscape plans.
5. Site improvements required by Chapter 530 or by the City Planning Commission shall be completed by April 23, 2016, unless extended by the Zoning Administrator, or the permit may be revoked for non-compliance.
6. Alternative compliance shall not be granted for the landscaping requirements of sections 530.160 and 530.170 of the zoning code.
7. The applicant shall work with staff to enhance the Broadway entrance of the building through building architecture and landscaping.
8. The applicant shall provide and maintain a minimum of 15 bicycle parking stalls on site or adjacent to the site in the public right of way.
9. Ingress and egress traffic flow is restricted to 11th Avenue only.
Committee actions will be referred to the next Council Meeting: June 13, 2014
Next Z&P Committee Meeting: Thursday, June 19, 2014
Attention: If you need this material in an alternative format, please call (612) 673-3737 or email [email protected]. Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material, please call 311 or (612) 673-2046. Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
The City of Minneapolis invites and encourages participation by every resident to each program, service and event within our city. Should you require an accommodation in order for you to fully participate, or should you require this document in a different format, please let us know by contacting 311 or (612) 673-3000 at least 5 days prior to the meeting.
Last updated Jun 5, 2014