Development Services Customer Service Center
To ensure the safety, health and livability of our community, the City of Minneapolis requires permits or licenses for development, constructions, remodeling and renovation projects. Development Review Customer Service Center staff are committed to helping contractors, developers, commercial owners, homeowners and landlords navigate the process and efficiently obtain all reviews, licenses, permits and inspections.
Customer Focused, Outcome Based, and Performance Driven
How Do I . . .
- Due to high volumes of projects currently under review, longer timelines may be experienced. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience with us. Your reviews will be completed as quickly as we can. Thank you for doing business in the City of Minneapolis. **
New & Noteworthy
- The Development Services Customer Service Center will be closed on Monday, February 18th in observance of the Presidents Day holiday. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. Thank you.
- Effective immediately, the Business Licensing Counter will not be open on Fridays until after 10:00 a.m.
- Permit fee changes effective May 1, 2018 - The Annual rate increase to the Director’s Fee Schedule is authorized by Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Section 91.70. Thie 2018 adjustment of 2% was effective May 1, 2018, and is reflected in the 2018 Director's Fee Schedule.
- Effective May 1, 2018, Development Review Customer Service Center no longer accepts out dated permit applications (building, plumbing, mechanical, soil erosion, wrecking, elevator, street use, RBA). Out dated permit applications will be mailed back to the applicant with a copy of the current application. Visit the service center website for more information and all current applications.
- Notice - Park Dedication Fee Increase - April 1, 2018
- 2015 MN Residential Code - Significant Changes (10k Lakes online version).pdf
- Important Change to the Minnesota Building Code Plan Review Letter
- Recently Revised Document - "Checklist for Construction of New One and Two Family Homes"
- Residential Construction Management Agreement
- City of Minneapolis Parkland Dedication Ordinance FAQ
- Incentives and Rebates for Dealers and Contractors
- Critical Parking Permits
Last updated Feb 14, 2019