The following items will help you develop an effective security policy to protect your patrons, employees, and business. Not all questions may be applicable to your business operation. Answer all that are relevant.
1. Staff: Contracted security employees? Off-duty police officers? Managers and supervisors? Cross-trained bartenders, hosts, or servers?
2. Scheduling: Days? Hours? Summer vs. winter? Special events at the establishment or in the city?
3. Duties: Inside the premises? Outside the premises? Frequency of rounds?
4. Philosophy: Respectful enforcement? Escorting off of the premises? Working in teams?
5. How will you address loitering? Rounds? Dedicated parking lot security staff?
6. Do you plan to create a No Admittance List?
7. How will you address disorderly patrons? Illegal behaviors? High level criminal activity?
8. Exterior Premises: Security Cameras? Lights? Enclosures?
9. How will you address excessive noise or noise complaints?
10. How will you manage party buses? Pedal pubs?
11. Will you use valet services? Contracted or in-house? Include your security plans for protecting customers, specifically during high volume and closing time.
12. Do you have a partnership with the local precinct?
13. What are your exit strategies?
- weekends, special events, emergencies?
- closing time: Will you inform customers in advance? Alter lights and/or music? End service?
- Time: Escorts? Parking lot monitoring? Traffic management?
14. Do you have reporting procedures for incidents? Both minor and serious?
15. How often will you evaluate your security plan for effectiveness?
16. How will you communicate policies, incidents, and updates to employees?
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011