Community Planning & Economic Development

Business Licenses & Consumer Services
350 S. 5th Street, Room 1
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 673-2080
Fax: (612) 673-3399

Street Use Permits 
Obstruction Permit/ Lane Use Permit required for buses, equipment, staffing.
An obstruction permit is required whenever closures of sidewalks, parking lanes, bike lanes or moving lanes are needed.  In order to obtain the permit, go to and register yourself or your company. Once approved you will then apply for the permit requesting the dates needed, explanation of why the permit is needed and if hooding of parking meters or posting of no parking is needed. The permit is free of charge but fees are assessed for lost revenue of the hooded parking meter and  closure of sidewalks, parking lanes, bike lanes or moving lanes.

If Traffic Control Agents are required, additional fees may apply. 

Contact List or 612-673-5755

Last updated Oct 31, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32