Report Long Grass or Weeds
Grass or weeds taller than eight inches is in violation of Minneapolis ordinance. If grass or weeds are taller than eight inches, an inspector may issue an order to the property owner giving them at least three days to cut it. If the violation is not corrected, inspectors may authorize a contractor to cut the grass and assess the costs and administrative fees to the owner.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address and your first and last name.
- Please be specific about the violation. Is the long grass or weeds in the front, side, back yard? Is it along the fence line, or near the alley?
- When you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 10 work days for an initial response, and 10-15+ additional days for nuisance condition resolution.
- Resolution: An inspector will review the complaint, and make an initial inspection of the property where the complaint is registered. If a violation of ordinance is found, a violation letter will be sent to the taxpayer of record at the property. Final resolution of the nuisance condition, in some cases, cannot be estimated.
Last updated Nov 7, 2016