Rental License Applications
Minneapolis uses one rental license application form for all types of properties.
Make sure to review the instructions on the last page of the application prior to submitting it.
Rental License General Rules
- The rental license year is from September 1st to August 31st.
- Licenses must be renewed each year.
- Rental licenses are not transferable.
- A Minneapolis 311 poster (pdf) must be posted in the rental property along with the rental license certificate.
- All licenses purchased prior to July 1st will expire August 31st of that same year.
- If a license is purchased between April 1st and June 30th, the rental fee is reduced by 50% and will expire on August 31st of that same year.
- Rental license annual renewal fees are mailed out in late July and due by September 1st.
- The status of a rental license can be found on Property Information.
- The "Paid On" date in Property Information is the date a customer paid for the license.
- Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
- Learn more about Rental License Fees.
Last updated Jul 1, 2015