Housing Code Information
Most orders issued by Housing Inspectors reference the Housing Maintenance Code, which is Chapter 244 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances. You can view the Housing Maintenance Code here. You may also see references to the Minnesota State Building Code, which is available here, and the Minnesota State Fire Code, available here.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Egress Window Requirements - Information on egress windows and sill heights in sleeping rooms.
- Lead Paint, Facts About Working Safely with
- Minimum Standards for Dwellings - Standards from the Uniform Building Code, Minneapolis Housing Code, and Minnesota State Building Code.
- Property Management Tips
- Rental Property Checklist
- Residential Reinspection Fee Program
- Smoke Detectors
State of Minnesota Information
- Your rights and responsibilities as a landlord from the Minnesota Attorney General's Office.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety Uniform Fire Codes fire safety requirements, especially for residential buildings.
Last updated Sep 8, 2016