Public Auctions are conducted on the first Thursday of each month at the Impound Lot.
- Registration begins at 8:00am
- Inspection begins at 9:00am
- Auction begins at 10:30am
The city contracts with SellerUSA.com to auction impounded vehicles. SellerUSA.com is solely responsible for accuracy and appropriateness of information on it's website.
Quick Facts about Auctions:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to attend auction.
- Only persons with bidding numbers ($5.00 - non-refundable) will be admitted
- Minimum bid $10.00 unless specified
- Must pay for vehicle in full same day.
- Cash, Pre-approved business checks, American Express, Visa or MasterCard accepted
See complete public auction rules for details
License Plates and Vehicle Title
Vehicles sold at auction do not have license plates. The buyer will need to request a 21-day permit (temporary registration) to drive the vehicle out of the Impound Lot. Permits are available at the Impound Lot at no charge.
To get a title for the vehicle, you will need the Bill of Sale. It will be sent to you by mail in 1-2 weeks. The Bill of Sale allows you to apply for a title and new license plates at Driver and Vehicle Services. On the back of the Bill of Sale is a Safety Check. The vehicle must pass the Safety Check before applying for a title.
Driver and Vehicle Services requires salvaged or rebuilt vehicles to be inspected. The nearest inspection station is in St. Paul. Visit Driver and Vehicle Services or call (651)282-2173.
Last updated Aug 13, 2018