Instructions for Electronic Submittal
The goals of these instructions are to make a plan set easy to navigate for board and commission members, reduce the file size, and have a quality visual.
1. Arrange a way to deliver plan set to the planner
(via an online program, email, CD, FTP site, or other method).
2. Prior to exporting plans and renderings from architectural software (e.g. CAD)
to desktop publishing software, reduce the file size of the plan set to the
smallest size possible while retaining a quality visual and ability to scale plans.
3. Do the following:
- Combine pages into one file in the following order:
Photos of property and existing structure(s)
Shadow and context study for large scale project (if applicable)
- Add a bookmark to each plan page describing the page (e.g. C200 east elevation).
- Rotate each page for easy viewing on computer screen
- Maintain searchable function of PDF
- Complete reduce file size operation prior to submitting.
Feedback is welcomed on how to improve the electronic submittal process.
Last updated Apr 12, 2013