Supervisors have a number of responsibilities in PerformMinneapolis.
All supervisors need to
- Establish work expectations for new employees, new to the city or new to your unit
- Review and update work expectations for existing employees, checking if standards are accurate and really reflect work done in a fully acceptable manner.
- Meet on a regular basis with employees to discuss work and provide feedback
- Enter regular Supervisor Notes in Halogen to record accomplishments, challenges and conversations with employees.
- Review each employee's self-appraisal
- Prepare and draft a performance appraisal and hold a two-way performance discussion with each employee
Supervisors have two additional tabs on their Halogen home page: My Employees and Task Status.
My Employees lists all the employees reporting to you with links to their work expectations, development opportunities, feedback, forms and documents.
Task Status applies only when you are in a process, like performance appraisal. It lists only the employees in that process, shows where those employees are in the process, and lists the tasks that you need to do.
Review Halogen Tips for Supervisors for more detail what you can do as a supervisor in Halogen.
Instructions for many Halogen task can be found in the Halogen User Guides
Last updated Oct 23, 2017