- Be sure the campfires are permitted in your area.
- Keep fires 25' away from structures or anything that can burn.
- Do not burn on windy, dry days.
- Never let children play near the fire.
- Attend to the campfire at all times.
- Keep campfire small & easy to control.
- Never use gasoline or combustible liquids on a campfire.
- Always have a hose, bucket of water or sand and a shovel nearby.
- Make sure fire is completely out before leaving the site.
Did you Know...
About every three hours, a person or vehicle is hit by a train in the U.S.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Federal Railroad Administration have launched a new railroad crossing safety ad campaign. Its message is simple: Stop. Trains can’t.
- Slow down, look both ways and listen
- Do not enter the crossing unless you are sure you can make it completely across
- Never race a train
- Never stop on tracks
To learn more about how you can improve rail safety as a motorist or pedestrian visit FRA’s interactive graphic.
For more information about “Stop. Trains Can’t.” visit the campaign webpage.
News and Events
MFD Deploys SafetyNet System
Safety Net enables MFD to quickly find and rescue individuals with autism, Alzheimer's, dementia and other similar cognitive conditions who have wandered and become lost. Once enrolled in the service your loved one wears a Safety Net Tracking Bracelet. Each Bracelet emits a signal on a channel used by MFD for tracking people at risk. Safety Net Tracking™ Service is currently available in 18 states located across the country and it has assisted public safety with many successful rescues since its inception.
Fire Station 15
View Larger Map
Fire Station 15
2701 NE Johnson St.
Minneapolis, MN 55418
In an emergency Call 911 – Do not call the fire station directly.
Other Contact Information
Minneapolis Fire Department
City Hall, 350 S 5th St., Room 233
Minneapolis, MN 55415
General Information: (612) 673-2890
Fire Department Fax: (612) 673-2828
Fire Department TTY: (612) 673-2157
Originally opened as Station P with Hose 15 located at 2400 Harrison NE (now Central Avenue) in 1889. On January 12, 1891 the department was reorganized and Station P became Station 15. The Station was closed in 1945 when Engine 15 relocated to former Station 29 at 2701 Johnson Street Northeast and that station renumbered to Station 15. A ladder bay added in 1964 to accommodate Ladder 7’s 100-foot aerial ladder truck.
- Hose 15 in service 1889
- Chemical 6 in service 1890 to 1898
- Engine 15 in service 1892
- Ladder 7 in service from Station 23 in 1915
- Combination 15 replace Engine 15 and Ladder 7 in 1945
- Engine 15 and Ladder 7 replace Combination 15 in 1960
- Ladder 7 taken out of service in 2003
- Ladder 7 was put back in service in 2015
Last updated Jun 22, 2016