Community Emergency Response Teams
Our CERT program educates you about how to prepare for emergencies and disasters in our community.
CERT Training Topics
- Fire Safety: identification and reduction of fire hazards in our homes and workplaces, team work to apply basic fire suppression strategies.
- First Aid: how to use basic first aid techniques to open airways, control bleeding and shock, and how to treat various wounds.
- Search and Rescue: safe techniques for searching a structure, removing debris and ways to protect rescuers doing search and rescue.
- Terrorism: learn terrorism is, terrorist goals, weapons that pose the greatest threat
- Trained CERT members help after an emergency event or disaster when professional responders are not immediately available to help.
Community Risk Reduction Officer
Minneapolis Fire Department
350 South 5th. St. Room 233
Minneapolis, MN. 55415
Email: [email protected]
Last updated Apr 1, 2019